Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sweets

Happy Easter everyone!!  Since my family is all the way in Wisconsin and we had Easter dinner yesterday with my boyfriend's family today I don't really have much to do! I baked cupcakes this morning and earlier this week my sister and I baked cookies.  I forgot to pick up more milk for the frosting, so I subbed in a splash of pre-made protein shake in french vanilla flavor. Sounds like a disaster? NOT! The frosting turned out so perfect and tasted amazing!  I will probably do this every time I make frosting from now on.

I have tried many recipes and this cookie recipe is easily the best one! 
I always just eyeball the amount of ingredients I use in my frosting but the basic recipe is this:

1/2 cup butter, softened/room temperature (i use Earth Balance)
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp vanilla flavored protein shake (or milk)

Cream the butter and vanilla together first. Add powdered sugar in about 1/2 cup at time until it gets clumpy. Then I add a splash of milk/shake and more as needed to smooth out the frosting. 


  I have very limited counter space in my apartment, so I bought this large over the counter cutting board from Ikea for about $20. I place it over my sink for extra space when I need it. Works like a charm!

A few of my favorite ones

 Packed them up in a bowl with these pretty napkins from ikea to take over for Easter dinner.



Mulder politely begging



Hope you are all enjoying your Easter! Did you cook or bake anything for your Easter gatherings? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so precious! I love them!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so that last photo is the cutest one ever.

    ReplyDelete