Monday, January 2, 2012

First dinner of 2012

i'm trying my best to procrastinate cleaning my apartment and putting away my Christmas tree and decorations.  Over the past 4 years of living on my own i've collected some of the prettiest and best decorations.  They just don't compare to my usual decor. Hopefully that will change soon! i have a large list of diy projects so that i can update my interior!  But my main reason for posting is to share the wonderful dinner i surprised my boyfriend with last night. it's my first time roasting a whole chicken and it turned out marvelous!  i served it with breaded okra and veggies with a butter and parsley sauces.







Afterwards we enjoyed some hot chocolate with coffee cake and vanilla scones i picked up from Starbucks. i planned on going to my favorite French bakery to get dessert but i didn't have time :(   But nonetheless, it was a great way to start off the new year!   There are lots of leftovers, so i'm planning on making some chicken salad tomorrow to eat for lunch for this week. (i'll be posting a recipe later this week) 




No comments:

Post a Comment